This easy cauliflower-and-chickpea supper gets a hit of Indian spiciness from garam masala, ginger, garlic, and lime.
- 1 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes, juice drained
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 tsp. grated lime zest
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice, plus 4 lime wedges for serving
1. Heat butter and oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower, and season with salt, if desired. Cover, and cook 4 to 6 minutes, or until cauliflower is browned all over.
2. Uncover pan, and add garlic, ginger, and garam masala. Stir 15 to 30 seconds, or until garlic is fragrant.
3. Stir in diced tomatoes, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, until tomatoes are dry.
4. Add chickpeas, lime zest, lime juice, and 1/4 cup water. Cover pan, and simmer 1 to 3 minutes, or until liquid is mostly reduced and flavors are well-combined. Serve garnished with cilantro, yogurt, and lime wedges.
- Calories: 188
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Cholesterol Content: 10 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 296 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g