Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This easy cauliflower-and-chickpea supper gets a hit of Indian spiciness from garam masala, ginger, garlic, and lime.
1. Heat butter and oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower, and season with salt, if desired. Cover, and cook 4 to 6 minutes, or until cauliflower is browned all over.
2. Uncover pan, and add garlic, ginger, and garam masala. Stir 15 to 30 seconds, or until garlic is fragrant.
3. Stir in diced tomatoes, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, until tomatoes are dry.
4. Add chickpeas, lime zest, lime juice, and 1/4 cup water. Cover pan, and simmer 1 to 3 minutes, or until liquid is mostly reduced and flavors are well-combined. Serve garnished with cilantro, yogurt, and lime wedges.
- Calories 188
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 10 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 296 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g