Colorado native Wendy Zummer began cooking veg eight years ago when one of her daughters stopped eating meat (her other daughter followed two years later). Now veg herself, Wendy serves this dish with sliced cucumbers sprinkled with sesame seeds, and topped with rice wine vinegar and olive oil.
- 8 oz. whole-wheat pasta
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 2 Tbs. minced ginger
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1 cup broccoli slaw
- 1/4 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. Chinese chile sauce
- 1 8-oz. pkg. baked teriyaki tofu, diced
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger, and green onions, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes. Add broccoli slaw to skillet. Cover, cook 1 minute, and remove from heat.
Combine broth, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, and chile sauce in large bowl. Add tofu and slaw mixture, and stir thoroughly but carefully.
Drain pasta, and add to tofu mixture. Toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 412
- Carbohydrate Content: 53 g
- Fat Content: 13.5 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 819 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g