One serving of this crunchy salad provides more than half the recommended DV of magnesium. To make it vegan, simply replace the eggs with 4 ounces of chopped baked tofu.
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup toasted unsalted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 2 green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 Tbs. canola oil
- 1/2 tsp. sriracha chile sauce
- 1/4 tsp. grated fresh ginger
1. To make Salad: Coat small skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Pour eggs in skillet, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until firmly set. Transfer omelet to cutting board to cool.
2. Stack 5 or 6 spinach leaves, and roll stack lengthwise into tight cylinder. Cut crosswise in fine slices. Repeat with remaining spinach leaves. Transfer to large bowl, and set aside.
3. To make Dressing: Whisk together all ingredients in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
4. Chop omelet into 1/2-inch pieces. Add to spinach in bowl along with bean sprouts, carrots, pumpkin seeds, green onions, and mint leaves. Add Dressing, and toss to coat.
- Calories: 187
- Carbohydrate Content: 10 g
- Cholesterol Content: 106 mg
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 111 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g