Spicy Asian Spinach Salad with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
This salad combo is vitamin-dense
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
One serving of this crunchy salad provides more than half the recommended DV of magnesium.
- 4 ounces baked tofu, chopped
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup toasted unsalted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 2 green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 Tbs. canola oil
- 1/2 tsp. sriracha chile sauce
- 1/4 tsp. grated fresh ginger
1. To make Salad: Coat small skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Sautee tofu until warmed through.
2. Stack 5 or 6 spinach leaves, and roll stack lengthwise into tight cylinder. Cut crosswise in fine slices. Repeat with remaining spinach leaves. Transfer to large bowl, and set aside.
3. To make Dressing: Whisk together all ingredients in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
4. Add tofu to spinach in bowl along with bean sprouts, carrots, pumpkin seeds, green onions, and mint leaves. Add Dressing, and toss to coat.
- Calories 187
- Carbohydrate Content 10 g
- Cholesterol Content 106 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 111 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g