Chorizo-style soy sausage is one of the best soy meats on the market. Here it adds southwestern-style spice to an easy frittata. Serve with prepared salsa and a leafy green salad.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 3 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 oz. chorizo-style soy sausage, such as Soyrizo, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk together eggs, whites, cilantro and oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat 1 tsp. oil in 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add pepper and shallot, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until soft.
3. Add sausage and remaining oil, and cook 1 minute. Stir egg mixture into vegetables, and cook 1 minute. Transfer skillet to oven, and bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until eggs are cooked through. Slice into wedges, and serve hot or at room temperature.
- Calories: 82
- Carbohydrate Content: 3 g
- Cholesterol Content: 102 mg
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 288 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g