Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Sicilians’ taste for spicy sauces comes from Arab influences, notes Giorgio Locatelli, chef at Locanda Locatelli in London and author of Made in Sicily.
1. Cook gemelli according to package directions until al dente.
2. Blanch broccoli raab in pot of boiling salted water 2 minutes. Drain.
3. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chickpeas and oil, and cook 2 minutes, or until chickpeas start to pop. Add currants, garlic, red pepper flakes, and broccoli raab; cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until broccoli raab is tender.
4. Drain gemelli, and transfer to serving bowl. Add broccoli raab mixture, pistachios, and Marsala wine (if using).
- Calories 339
- Carbohydrate Content 49 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 197 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g