Spicy Cucumber Sandwiches
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1/2 cup torn arugula or watercress
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup soy mayonnaise or yogurt cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. prepared horseradish
- 8 thin slices whole wheat or white bread, crusts removed
In small bowl, mix soy mayonnaise or yogurt cheese, and horseradish. Spread half the bread slices with soy mayonnaise mixture and cover with cucumber slices. Top with sprigs of arugula or watercress and season with salt and pepper. Cover with remaining bread slices and apply firm but delicate pressure with the palm of your hand.
Cut each sandwich into four triangles. Pile neatly on serving plate and cover with lightly dampened cloth until tea is served.
- Calories 164
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 371 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g