Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Turn a weeknight stir-fry into a restaurant-style dinner by making a batch of fried rice to go with it. Chili oil gives this version a spicy bite, but you could also use vegetable oil for a milder dish.
1. Bring rice and 4 cups water to a boil in saucepan. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, or until rice is tender.
2. Coat nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Pour in eggs. Cook 4 minutes, or until firm. Remove eggs, and coarsely chop.
3. Heat chili oil in same skillet over medium heat. Add rice, eggs, and frozen vegetables, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cook 15 minutes, or until browned and beginning to crisp, stirring often. Stir in green onions, and cook 2 minutes more.
- Calories 244
- Carbohydrate Content 49 g
- Cholesterol Content 53 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 320 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g