Cilantro, green onions, and jalapeños add color and flavor to cooked rice. Serve as a side dish with enchiladas or chili, or roll it into a burrito.
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 4 green onions, roughly chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 pickled jalapeno chiles, stemmed, seeded, and chopped (2 to 3 Tbs.)
- 2 Tbs. avocado oil or vegetable oil
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice, warm
1 Bring small saucepan of salted water to a boil. Blanch cilantro and green onions 15 seconds in boiling water, or until green onion tops are bright green. Drain and transfer to mini food processor.
2 Add jalapeños and oil to processor, and blend until smooth.
3 Stir green sauce into warm cooked rice, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Calories: 157
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 73 mg
- Sugar Content: 0.5 g