Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Savor the last of the season’s fresh figs with a sweet-and-spicy salad that makes a perfect light meal.
1. Heat 1 tsp. oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 2 minutes. Add pinch of salt, and sauté 1 minute more. Stir in artichoke hearts and red pepper, and sauté 2 minutes, or until heated through. Transfer to bowl.
2. Heat remaining 1 Tbs. oil and chili powder in same skillet over medium heat, stirring to combine. Lay figs cut-side down in oil, and cook 2 minutes. Transfer to plate.
3. To make Dressing: Whisk together oil, lime juice, vinegar, and brown rice syrup. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Place watercress on platter. Top with artichoke mixture, and drizzle with 3 Tbs. dressing. Add figs, sprinkle with pecans and green onions, and pass remaining dressing.
- Calories 224
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14.5 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 240 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g