Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
A ginger glaze that gets caramelized under the broiler adds a completely new dimension to sweet-tart pineapple. Feel free to try this technique on other firm sliced fruits such as mangoes, peaches, nectarines, grapefruit, or bananas. Serve with a fruit or coconut sorbet or granita.
1. Preheat broiler. Spray broiler pan with cooking spray. Arrange pineapple rings in single layer (this may need to be done in batches).
2. Stir together remaining ingredients until combined, and brush each pineapple ring with glaze mixture.
3. Broil pineapple 3 minutes, until fruit begins to brown. Rotate tray, and broil 2 to 3 minutes more, or until each pineapple ring is caramelized.
- Calories 300
- Carbohydrate Content 47 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 329 mg
- Sugar Content 35 g