Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
If youve ever grilled tofu before, then you know how it can sometimes stick to the rack or pan. Whats the secret to keeping your slices intact? Use extra-firm tofu, press out as much water as you can, then generously coat both the slices and the grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. To add extra flair to your grilled tofu, give your slices cross-hatched grill marks. After 2 minutes of cooking time, simply turn the slices diagonally (from 12 oclock to 2 oclock) on the grill without flipping them. Cook 2 minutes more, then flip, and repeat the process on the other side.
1. Place tofu slices on several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels. Let stand 20 minutes, pressing down occasionally with your hands to squeeze out water.
2. Arrange tofu in single layer in 13×9-inch glass baking dish. Whisk together lime juice, syrup, tamari, chile paste, garlic and pepper in small bowl. Pour over tofu. Stir to coat. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill 4 hours, or overnight.
3. Spray grill rack or pan with nonstick cooking spray. Heat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Remove tofu slices from baking dish, reserving marinade. Grill tofu slices 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until browned and crisp on the outside. Return tofu to baking dish and toss with reserved marinade. Serve immediately.
- Calories 197
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 581 mg
- Sugar Content 17 g