Heat-and-serve Indian entrées make spicy, protein-rich fillings for wraps that can be enjoyed warm or cold.
- 1 large eggplant, cut lengthwise into 6 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 10.5-oz. pkg. prepared Indian lentil or chickpea entrée, such as Tasty Bite Bengal Lentils or Channa Masala
- 4 8-inch rounds garlic naan or lavash
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt, optional
- 1 cup baby spinach
1. Arrange eggplant slices in single layer in paper-towel-lined microwave-safe dish. Season with salt, if desired, and cover with additional paper towels. Microwave at high power 3 minutes. Remove all paper towels, and return eggplant slices to dish.
2. Heat Indian entrées according to package directions. Brush eggplant slices with some of sauce from entrées. Tightly cover dish, and microwave eggplant on high power 4 minutes, or until tender. Cool, and cut each slice in half lengthwise.
3. Spread each naan round with 2 Tbs. yogurt, if using. Spoon 1/2 cup entrée mixture in center of each naan round, and top with 3 eggplant slices and 1/4 cup spinach. Fold sides of wrap around fillings, and secure with toothpick. Wrap lower half in wax paper or foil to keep filling from falling out of bottom.
- Calories: 230
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 463 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g