We've given a range of chile paste amounts to use depending on hot you like your food.
- 8 oz. linguine
- 1/3 cup low-fat creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 tsp. chile paste with garlic
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 3 green onions, sliced diagonally into 1/4-inch pieces (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- 4 lime wedges, optional
1. Cook linguine according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, combine peanut butter, 1/4 cup water, soy sauce, vinegar, chile paste and sugar in large bowl; whisk until blended. If sauce seems too thick, thin it with a little water; it should have the consistency of cream.
3. Add linguine, bell pepper, cucumber and green onions, and toss well. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
- Calories: 234
- Carbohydrate Content: 33 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 270 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g