Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
The secret to this spicy peanut tofu noodle salad is in the prepared Massaman curry paste, which contains toasted spices including cardamom, cinnamon, and cumin. Massaman curry paste is available at Asian markets and well-stocked grocery stores, but jarred Thai red curry paste works as well.
We like that, once prepared, this dish is ready to hit the road. It works well packed into containers to take for an office lunch or picnic. It’s even easier than fixing one of those little microwave noodle boxes they sell at the grocery store, produces less trash, and since it’s totally homemade you have complete control over the ingredients and flavor.
This dish is gluten-free and will keep you feeling full thanks to vitamin-rich fruits and veg and plant-based proteins: Peanut butter is rich in healthy fats like oleic acid, which has been linked to improved insulin sensitivity, while tofu contains all the essential amino acids – the building blocks of protein – your body needs. Don’t forget to shop for vegan fish sauce or make a batch of your own.
Spicy Peanut Tofu Noodle Salad
- Prepare noodles according to package instructions. Rinse with cool water and drain.
- In a large serving bowl, whisk coconut milk, peanut butter, curry paste, lime zest and juice and ‘fish’ sauce.
- Add drained noodles, tofu, bell pepper, mango, and cilantro and toss to coat with dressing.
- Make Ahead: Salad can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Add a few tablespoons of warm water and toss to loosen dressing.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 344
- Carbohydrate Content 49 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 499 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g