Inspired by the cucumber water served in spas, this agua fresca is mildly sweet with a hint of chile heat. Frozen pineapple cubes can replace ice cubes to chill the cocktails. For a virgin variation, replace the alcohol with water until you’re satisfied with the sweetness level.
- 1 small English cucumber
- 1/2 Serrano chile, seeds and veins removed
- 2 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 7 Tbs. light agave nectar
- 3 Tbs. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup vodka or tequila (8 oz.)
1. Purée cucumber and chile in blender until smooth. Pour mixture through fine strainer, pressing down on solids to extract all liquid. (You should have about 1 cup cucumber juice.)
2. Pour cucumber juice into large pitcher, and stir in pineapple juice, agave nectar, lime juice, and cayenne pepper.
3. To serve: Pour 2 oz. vodka over ice or frozen pineapple cubes, if using, in tall glass. Top with 1 cup pineapple mixture.
- Calories: 322
- Carbohydrate Content: 49 g
- Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 8 mg
- Sugar Content: 44 g