Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Inspired by the cucumber water served in spas, this agua fresca is mildly sweet with a hint of chile heat. Frozen pineapple cubes can replace ice cubes to chill the cocktails. For a virgin variation, replace the alcohol with water until you’re satisfied with the sweetness level.
1. Purée cucumber and chile in blender until smooth. Pour mixture through fine strainer, pressing down on solids to extract all liquid. (You should have about 1 cup cucumber juice.)
2. Pour cucumber juice into large pitcher, and stir in pineapple juice, agave nectar, lime juice, and cayenne pepper.
3. To serve: Pour 2 oz. vodka over ice or frozen pineapple cubes, if using, in tall glass. Top with 1 cup pineapple mixture.
- Calories 322
- Carbohydrate Content 49 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0.5 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 8 mg
- Sugar Content 44 g