- 2 lbs. all-purpose potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled
- 1 medium tomato, diced (1 cup)
- 1 medium yellow tomato, diced (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup diced yellow or green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 to 1 Tbs. seeded, minced fresh jalapeno pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 3 scallions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced; reserve green tops for garnish
1. Put potatoes in large saucepan of salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in medium glass bowl, combine tomatoes, bell pepper, cilan-tro, onion, jalapeño, garlic, oil, vinegar and salt to taste; toss to mix. Cover and let stand at room temperature until ready to serve.
3. Drain potatoes, rinse under cold running water and drain again. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise, then cut each half into 1/2-inch-thick strips or slices. Add potatoes to tomato mixture and toss gently to mix. Garnish with scallion tops. Serve at room temperature.
- Calories: 173
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 36 mg