“Beets are one of my favorite root vegetables, and I’m lucky to live in the Pacific Northwest, where they are available locally for most of the year,” says Sonnet Lauberth, a holistic health coach, food educator, and blogger (fortheloveoffoodblog.com).
“I wanted to create a dish with roasted beets that had a little more pizzazz. I love serving this dish to friends and family—there are usually quite a few beet haters in the mix and it is always fun to see them change their minds about beets after trying these.”
- 2 bunches golden beets, tops removed, beets peeled and quartered (13/4 lb.)
- 2 Tbs. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Simply Organic paprika
- 1 pinch Simply Organic chili powder
Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss together all ingredients on large baking sheet. Roast 30 to 40 minutes, or until beets are tender, turning once. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Calories: 97
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 99 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g