Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Sautéed onions and peppers tossed with seitan, spices, and chopped cilantro makes a vitamin C–boosting supper that the whole family will love. Serve with salsa and guacamole.
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and onions, and cook 10 minutes, or until vegetables are soft and beginning to brown, stirring often.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together lime juice, cilantro, agave nectar, garlic, cumin, oregano, and chile powder in small bowl.
3. Add seitan to bell pepper mixture, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until seitan begins to brown. Stir in lime juice mixture, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until most of liquid has evaporated. Serve with warm tortillas.
- Calories 535
- Carbohydrate Content 75 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 16 g
- Protein Content 30 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 290 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g