Spicy Shirataki Noodles
This supper dish is based on Thai drunken noodles.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This supper dish is based on Thai drunken noodles
- 4 Tbs. gluten-free, reduced-sodium tamari
- 2 1/2 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 Tbs. light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. sriracha sauce
- 1 Tbs. grapeseed oil
- 2 Tbs. chopped jalapeno chile
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 1 onion, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 8-oz. pkg. tofu shirataki fettuccine, prepared according to package directions
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
1. Whisk together tamari, lime juice, brown sugar, and sriracha in bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in wok over medium-high heat. Add jalapeño and garlic, and cook 1 minute. Add onion and bell peppers, and stir-fry 5 minutes. Add tamari mixture and shirataki, and simmer 3 to 5 minutes, then toss with basil.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups
- Calories 130
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 770 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g