Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Ale adds a subtle richness to this updated version of the classic chili hash. Mound the Sloppy Joe filling on soft sandwich rolls (try our Wheat Beer and Potato Rolls) and top with sliced avocados and shredded lettuce. This recipe easily doubles for a party.
1. Warm oil in large heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and green pepper, and sauté, stirring frequently, 5 minutes.
2. Stir in soy crumbles and chili powder. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, until fragrant.
3. Add jalapeños, ale, chili sauce, and soy sauce; mix well. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring often, about 15 minutes, until thickened.
4. Mix in green onions; season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
- Calories 285
- Carbohydrate Content 32 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 828 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g