Roasted and fresh bell peppers add a hint of sweetness to a satisfying stew that gets extra heat from prepared chile sauce.
- 1 16-oz. jar roasted red peppers, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbs. sambal oelek chile paste or chile-garlic sauce, such as Huy Fong
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 16-oz. pkg. firm or extra-firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium bell peppers, thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1 10-oz. pkg. frozen baby spinach
1. Combine roasted peppers and chile paste in blender or food processor; purée until smooth. Transfer purée to soup pot, add broth and 2 cups water; bring to a boil.
2. Add tofu cubes and bell peppers, and simmer 5 minutes, or until bell peppers are tender.
3. Add spinach, and simmer 5 minutes, or until spinach is bright green and soup is heated through. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Calories: 114
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 322 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g