Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Roasted and fresh bell peppers add a hint of sweetness to a satisfying stew that gets extra heat from prepared chile sauce.
1. Combine roasted peppers and chile paste in blender or food processor; purée until smooth. Transfer purée to soup pot, add broth and 2 cups water; bring to a boil.
2. Add tofu cubes and bell peppers, and simmer 5 minutes, or until bell peppers are tender.
3. Add spinach, and simmer 5 minutes, or until spinach is bright green and soup is heated through. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Calories 114
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 322 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g