Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Artisanal cheese makers across America are winning international awards for their blue cheeses, so we thought we’d honor them this Thanksgiving with a tangy salad of apples and sunflower seeds.
1. To make Cider Vinaigrette: Combine vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper in small bowl. Whisk in oil and 2 Tbs. water. Stir in shallots.
2. To make Salad: Place sunflower seeds in medium-sized skillet. Toast over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes, or until browned and fragrant, shaking pan often. Transfer to small bowl, and cool.
3. Just before serving, toss spinach, sliced apple, crumbled cheese and cooled sunflower seeds with vinaigrette. Divide salad among 6 plates, and serve.
- Calories 149
- Carbohydrate Content 10 g
- Cholesterol Content 4 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 309 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g