Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
If you are in an egg salad rut, here’s a new taste for a new season. Savory bits of leeks, peas, and spinach remind us that spring is just around the corner.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Heat oil in small ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add leek, and sauté 5 minutes, or until soft. Stir in 3/4 cup spinach, and cook 30 seconds, or until wilted. Remove from heat.
3. Whisk together eggs and milk in bowl. Stir in peas, goat cheese, and parsley (if using). Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Add egg mixture to spinach in skillet, and stir to combine.
4. Transfer skillet to oven, and bake omelet 15 minutes, or until eggs are set. Cool to room temperature, and transfer to cutting board. Slice into sandwich-size strips.
5. Arrange omelet slices atop 2 pieces of bread. Top with remaining spinach and bread slices. Halve sandwiches, and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Calories 390
- Carbohydrate Content 36 g
- Cholesterol Content 390 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 477 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g