This recipe, by Lisa Lyn Adkins, was awarded "Best Entree" in VT's 2014 Reader Recipe Contest. "I come from an Italian family, but I had a couple of issues with lasagna—it can be laborious and the end product is messy,” says Adkins. “Building the lasagna in muffin tins makes it easier to assemble, cuts down on cooking time, and creates a neater presentation for guests.” The elementary school teacher and mother of four (“Every night is like a small dinner party!”) uses dumpling wrappers in lieu of pasta, plus plenty of veggies. “Spinach and artichokes are one of my favorite combos."
- 1 16-oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 15-oz. can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 16-oz. container BelGioioso Ricotta Con Latte
- 12 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided (3 cups)
- 1/2 cup grated BelGioioso Vegetarian Parmesan
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbs. Amore Herb Paste, divided
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 25-oz. jar Eden Spaghetti Sauce
- 72 refrigerated or thawed frozen dumpling or wonton wrappers
1. Stir together spinach, artichoke hearts, ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, and 2 Tbs. herb paste in large bowl. Set aside.
2. Bring wine to a boil in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Boil until reduced by half. Stir in remaining 1 Tbs. herb paste, then spaghetti sauce, and bring to just a simmer. Remove from heat.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F, and coat two 12-cup muffin pans with cooking spray. Press 1 dumpling wrapper into bottom of each muffin cup. Spoon 2 Tbs. cheese mixture into dumpling wrapper. Top with 1 1/2 tsp. sauce. Repeat layering dumpling wrapper, cheese mixture, and sauce. Top with dumpling wrapper, and crimp or turn down edges as you would a pie. Spread
1 Tbs. sauce over top. Sprinkle lasagnas with remaining 1 cup mozzarella.
4. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until cheese on top is melted and bubbling. Cool 5 minutes before unmolding and serving.
- Calories: 361
- Carbohydrate Content: 30 g
- Cholesterol Content: 63 mg
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 764 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g