Sizzling strips of baked tofu contrast with gently flavored couscous. Complete the meal with baked sweet potatoes.
- 1 1/2 cups couscous, preferably whole grain
- 2 Tbs. nonhydrogenated vegan margarine
- 5 to 6 oz. baby spinach, well rinsed
- 1 1-lb. pkg. baked tofu, any variety, diced
- 1/2 cup natural or smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
Cover couscous with 3 cups boiling water in heatproof serving container, and let stand 10 minutes; fluff with fork. Stir in margarine and salt and pepper to taste.
Place spinach in large, wide skillet with only water clinging to its leaves. Cover, and steam about 1 minute, or just until wilted. Remove, and coarsely chop. Stir into couscous.
Combine tofu and barbecue sauce in skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, 4 to 5 minutes. Scatter tofu over couscous, and serve.
- Calories: 340
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 630 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g