Fresh cherry tomatoes and spinach add bright color, flavor, and body to this Mediterranean-style dish.
- 2 1/2 cups penne rigate pasta (6 oz.)
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1 12-oz. jar roasted red peppers, rinsed, drained, patted dry, and sliced
- 10 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved (2 cups)
- 4 cups packed baby spinach leaves (8 oz.)
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain, and reserve 1/2 cup pasta-cooking water.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute, stirring frequently, or until lightly browned.
3. Increase heat to high. Add roasted peppers, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
4. Add tomatoes, spinach, olives, oregano, lemon zest, and pepper. Cook 4 to 6 minutes, or until tomatoes soften and spinach wilts, stirring frequently. Add pasta and reserved pasta-cooking water; cover, and cook 3 minutes more, or until heated through.
- Calories: 266
- Carbohydrate Content: 46 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 340 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g