Spinach Souffle Casserole
Dill and cilantro give this dish its extraordinary taste. Cut it into squares and serve plain or with a light tomato sauce.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Other greens, such as beet greens, escarole, chard or kale, can be mixed with the spinach for added interest and complexity of flavor.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 lbs. (2 large bunches) fresh spinach, stems removed (about 16 cups)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbs. fresh chopped dill or 1/2 tsp. dill weed
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8 x 10-inch baking dish.
2. In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add spinach, salt lightly and cook until leaves wilt. Transfer to a colander, press out and reserve 1/4 cup liquid. Finely chop spinach.
3. In medium bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add cheese, herbs, salt and pepper. Add cooked spinach and reserved cooking liquid. Pour into prepared baking dish and bake until set, about 45 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Calories 153
- Carbohydrate Content 7 g
- Cholesterol Content 99 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 190 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g