It’s laced with vision protectors from the spinach and the cancer fighters in cooked tomatoes. You can also substitute a package of frozen chopped broccoli for the spinach, and use a premade pie crust for the pizza crust.
- 1 10-oz. can refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 10-oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 Tbs. minced shallots
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 2 ripe medium-sized tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup shredded low-fat Monterey Jack cheese
Preheat oven to 350F. Coat 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
Shape dough into 4-inch circle; cover with kitchen towel; let stand 5 minutes. Roll into 11-inch circle on lightly floured surface. Fit into pie plate, and flute rim.
Mix spinach, sour cream and shallots in mixing bowl. In separate bowl, whisk together milk, salt, pepper, egg whites and egg. Stir 1/3 cup milk mixture into spinach mixture. Spoon spinach mixture into bottom of prepared crust. Add layer of tomatoes, and top with cheese. Pour remaining milk mixture over cheese. Place pie plate on baking sheet.
Bake 45 minutes, or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Calories: 230
- Carbohydrate Content: 33 g
- Cholesterol Content: 45 mg
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 590 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g