- 1 1/2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced (2 cups)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch pieces (2 cups)
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white beans, such as cannellini, or 1 15-oz. can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups baby spinach (4 oz.)
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 4 tsp. finely chopped mint leaves
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion 3 to 5 minutes, or until translucent.
2. Add zucchini, and cook 8 minutes more, or until vegetables are well browned.
3. Add vegetable broth and 2 cups water, and bring to a boil.
4. Stir in beans and spinach, and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 5 minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
5. Stir in lemon juice, zest, and mint. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Calories: 133
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 189 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g