- 4 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 7 oz. butternut squash neck (from peeled, halved squash)
- 1 medium Golden Delicious apple, stem removed
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked French green lentils
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts, pecans, or hazelnuts, optional
1. Stir together maple syrup, lemon juice, and balsamic vinegar in small bowl, and set aside.
2. Cut butternut squash into noodles with small-toothed blade on spiral slicer (you should have 2 cups). Cut apple into small noodles with same blade (you should have 1 1/2 cups).
3. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add squash noodles, and season with salt, if desired. Cook 2 minutes, or until noodles are slightly softened. Add apple noodles, and cook 1 minute. Stir in garlic, and cook 30 seconds. Add lentils and maple-balsamic mixture, and season with salt, if desired. Remove from heat, and stir in 1 Tbs. parsley and cranberries and nuts (if using). Garnish with remaining 1 Tbs. parsley.
- Serving Size: ¾ cup
- Calories: 209
- Carbohydrate Content: 39 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 8 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g