Spinach? In a smoothie? It makes sense when you know the dark, leafy green is an excellent source of vitamins, fiber, and iron.
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- 10 oz. baby spinach
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, cored and sliced
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt or goat's milk
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
1. Fill bowl with ice water. Set aside.
2. Cook spinach in large pot of boiling salted water 2 to 3 minutes, or until just wilted. Transfer to ice water. Wring excess water from spinach with hands.
3. Purée spinach and apple juice in blender until smooth. Add apple, yogurt, parsley, and salt, and purée until smooth.
- Calories: 86
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Cholesterol Content: 3 mg
- Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 459 mg
- Sugar Content: 13 g