- 1 1/2 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 16-oz. cans beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 lb. arugula, watercress or baby spinach, stemmed
In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook over low heat, stirring, 30 seconds. Add scallions and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in beans, chili powder, and 1/4 cup of water. Bring to a simmer, then mash just enough beans with back of wooden spoon to create a thick, saucy base. Cover and cook over low heat while preparing greens.
In large pot, steam greens with only the water clinging until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add to beans; stir well. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Calories: 230
- Carbohydrate Content: 34 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 12 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 9 mg