Warm oil-wilted green onions serve as a flavorful topping for vegetable and rice dishes.
- 2 Tbs. peanut oil
- 8 green onions, white and green parts separated and thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced (1 Tbs.)
- 1 tsp. Vegetarian Fish Sauce (recipe below)
Heat oil until very hot. Add sliced white parts of green onion and shallot, and fry 30 seconds. Add remaining green onions and Vegetarian Fish Sauce, and cook 1 minute. Cool.
- Calories: 69
- Carbohydrate Content: 2 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 15 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g