Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This salad can be made with any vegetables you have on hand in place of the peas and asparagus—just be sure to cut them into small pieces to blend well with the orzo.
1. To make Salad: Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse under cold water, and drain. Set aside.
2. Coat nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium heat. Add shallots, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until shallots are soft. Raise heat to medium-high, stir in mushrooms, and cook 5 minutes. Add asparagus, and cook 3 to 4 minutes more, or until asparagus are crisp-tender. Stir in peas, season with salt and pepper, and remove from heat.
3. To make Vinaigrette: Whisk together all ingredients in small bowl until emulsified. Place pasta, vegetables, and vinaigrette in large bowl, and stir to combine. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts, if desired.
- Calories 229
- Carbohydrate Content 39 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5.5 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 261 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g