30 minutes or lessMeal plan: Prepare some angel hair pasta and stir in a little olive oil or butter and a small package of dried fruit bits.
- 8 oz. baby Yukon gold or small new potatoes
- 16 baby carrots, peeled
- 4 oz. sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 8 small radishes, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 scallions, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 box (10 oz.) frozen fava beans or baby lima beans, thawed
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp. finely chopped fresh tarragon
In medium saucepan, combine potatoes and enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool. Cut potatoes into quarters.
Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add carrots and cook 2 minutes; add asparagus and snap peas and cook 2 minutes; add radishes and cook 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool.
In deep skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in scallions, fava beans, cooked potatoes and blanched vegetables. Pour in broth and bring to a simmer. Stir in parsley, lemon juice tarragon, salt and pepper to taste. Let stand for several minutes. Serve warm.
- Calories: 273
- Carbohydrate Content: 36 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 549 mg