Spring Vegetable Soup
30 minutes or fewer This main-course soup calls for a crusty baguette and a light white wine, such as a Pinot Grigio.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
30 minutes or fewer
This main-course soup calls for a crusty baguette and a light white wine, such as a Pinot Grigio.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups Mushroom Stock
- 2 cups sliced asparagus (about 3/4 lb.)
- 8 oz. baby summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 19-oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté about 8 minutes, until golden. Add garlic; sauté about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
Add stock, asparagus and squash, and reduce heat to medium. Cook 4 minutes, stirring often, or until vegetables are slightly tender. Add peas and beans, and cook 3 to 4 minutes more, until heated through.
Stir in parsley, lemon juice and Parmesan; season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve.
- Calories 274
- Carbohydrate Content 36 g
- Cholesterol Content 2 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 639 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g