Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
A last-minute addition of lemon juice brings out the flavors of early spring vegetables in a lightly seasoned broth.
1. Combine fennel, radishes, fava beans, onion, 3/4 cup parsley, and garlic in 3.5-qt. tagine or Dutch oven. Stir in oil, coriander, ginger, and turmeric, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Pour in broth.
2. Place in cold oven, adjust heat to 300°F, and cook 1 1/2 hours, stirring once at the 45-minute mark.
3. Stir in asparagus and peas, return to oven, and cook 30 minutes more, or until asparagus is tender. Remove from oven, and stir in lemon juice. Serve sprinkled with almonds and remaining 1/4 cup parsley.
- Calories 247
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 56 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g