Squash blossoms are usually stuffed with cheese and fried. Delicious, yes, but this frittata is faster and a whole lot healthier.
1. Preheat broiler. Whisk together eggs, egg whites, and cheese in bowl; season with salt and pepper, if desired. Set aside.
2. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot, and sauté 2 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add zucchini; sauté 2 minutes. Stir zucchini mixture into egg mixture. Add squash blossoms to skillet, and sauté 30 seconds. Remove squash blossoms from skillet.
3. Heat remaining 1 Tbs. oil in same skillet over medium-low heat. Add egg mixture to skillet. Arrange squash blossoms in circle on top. Cover, and cook 10 minutes, or until set.
4. Uncover skillet, and transfer to oven. Broil 3 minutes, or until top of frittata is golden. Slide frittata onto cutting board, and slice into 8 wedges.
- Calories 103
- Carbohydrate Content 2 g
- Cholesterol Content 141 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 81 mg
- Sugar Content 0.5 g