Jessie Grearson, a writer in Falmouth, Maine, likes making this quick, comforting meal for her family on weeknights. To amp up the heat, sprinkle with red pepper flakes and drizzle with extra sriracha.
- 8 oz. udon noodles
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. sriracha chile-garlic sauce
- 1 Tbs. toasted sesame oil
- 1 14-oz. pkg. extra-firm tofu, cut into 3 slabs and patted dry
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- Lime wedges, for garnish, optional
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish, optional
1. Brush grill grates with oil, and preheat grill to medium.
2. Cook udon noodles according to package directions, drain, and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, steam broccoli 5 minutes in steamer, or until crisp-tender.
4. Combine soy sauce, sriracha, and sesame oil in small bowl. Brush tofu slabs with half of soy-sriracha mixture. Place tofu on grill, and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden and grill-marked. Cut tofu into bite-size pieces.
5. Add peanut butter to remaining soy-sriracha mixture, and stir to combine. Toss sauce with udon noodles and broccoli, and top with tofu. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro, if using.
- Calories: 315
- Carbohydrate Content: 33 g
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 355 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g