Talk about instant comfort! A handful of veggies from the salad bar and a few chunks of baked tofu turn a package of miso soup mix into a soul-satisfying meal. Just make sure the soup brand you buy contains no fish ingredients (often listed as powdered bonito or bonito flakes).
- 1/2 0.7-oz. pkg. instant miso soup, with or without seaweed
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 2 slices fresh ginger, optional
- 20 baby spinach leaves
- 2 oz. baked Asian-style tofu, cubed
Combine miso soup, 1½ cups water, broccoli, mushrooms, and ginger, if using, in medium-size microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high 3 minutes. Add spinach and tofu, and microwave 30 seconds more. Discard ginger slices before eating.
- Calories: 156
- Carbohydrate Content: 11 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 1120 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g