After a brief soaking, rice noodles are ready to be tossed into a quick stir-fry for a noodle dish that gets to the table in record time. Feel free to make the dish with different vegetables or omit the eggs to make it vegan.
- 6 oz. rice sticks or rice vermicelli
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1/2 lb. asparagus, trimmed and sliced diagonally into 1-inch pieces (2 cups)
- 7 oz. snow peas, trimmed and sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-wide strips (21/2 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 3/4 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sriracha sauce
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (1/3 cup)
1. Soak rice sticks in large bowl of hot water 8 minutes. Drain well.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp. oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk eggs in small bowl with 2 tsp. water and white pepper, and season with salt, if desired. Pour eggs into skillet, and swirl pan so eggs cover bottom in even layer. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, then carefully flip omelet. Cook 1 minute more, then transfer to cutting board, and slice into strips.
3. Heat remaining 1 tsp. oil in skillet; add asparagus and snow peas. Stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes, add garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Whisk together broth, soy sauce, and sriracha in bowl. Add mixture to pan; bring to a simmer. Stir in rice sticks, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Mix in egg strips and green onions.
- Calories: 256
- Carbohydrate Content: 43 g
- Cholesterol Content: 93 mg
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 385 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g