Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
After a brief soaking, rice noodles are ready to be tossed into a quick stir-fry for a noodle dish that gets to the table in record time. Feel free to make the dish with different vegetables or omit the eggs to make it vegan.
1. Soak rice sticks in large bowl of hot water 8 minutes. Drain well.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp. oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk eggs in small bowl with 2 tsp. water and white pepper, and season with salt, if desired. Pour eggs into skillet, and swirl pan so eggs cover bottom in even layer. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, then carefully flip omelet. Cook 1 minute more, then transfer to cutting board, and slice into strips.
3. Heat remaining 1 tsp. oil in skillet; add asparagus and snow peas. Stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes, add garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Whisk together broth, soy sauce, and sriracha in bowl. Add mixture to pan; bring to a simmer. Stir in rice sticks, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Mix in egg strips and green onions.
- Calories 256
- Carbohydrate Content 43 g
- Cholesterol Content 93 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 385 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g