Japanese udon noodles replace spaghetti or linguine in an Asian-flavored pasta.
- 1 8-oz. pkg. udon noodles, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks (1/2 cup)
- 1 8-oz. pkg. Asian-flavored baked tofu, cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium head bok choy, cut into 1-inch pieces (3 cups)
- 2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
1. Cook udon noodles according to package directions. Drain.
2. Heat oil, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes in skillet or wok 1 minute over medium heat. Add carrot, and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add tofu, and stir-fry 1 minute. Add bok choy, and stir-fry 5 minutes, or until greens wilt. Fold in udon noodles and soy sauce, and cook 3 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Calories: 406
- Carbohydrate Content: 47 g
- Fat Content: 14.5 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 492 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g