Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
The balsamic flavor in this sorbet is subtle; just enough balsamic vinegar is added to heighten the flavor of summer-ripe strawberries. Feel free to add up to 1 tsp. more vinegar, if you prefer.
1. Toss together strawberries, 1/4 cup sugar, and lemon juice in large bowl. Let stand 30 minutes, or until berries have released their juices.
2. Purée strawberries in 2 batches in food processor until smooth. Strain purée, and discard seeds. Return to bowl, and stir in remaining 1/2 cup sugar, vinegar, and salt.
3. Chill in refrigerator until cold, then churn in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions. Transfer to 1-quart container, and freeze.
- Calories 124
- Carbohydrate Content 31 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0.5 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 38 mg
- Sugar Content 27 g