30 minutes or fewer
Strozzapretiwhich means priest chokerssounds like it was invented by the Mafia, but its actually a type of pasta with curved, medium-length strands. If you cant find strozzapreti, just use penne or fusilli.
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese (about 3 oz.)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbs. mint leaves, sliced into very thin ribbons
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 tsp. brined green peppercorns, drained
- 1 8.8-oz. pkg. strozzapreti
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 tsp.)
1. Toast pine nuts in small skillet over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until browned and fragrant, shaking often.
2. Blend cheese, 1/4 cup mint, oil and peppercorns in food processor until peppercorns are broken up. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
4. Meanwhile, combine zucchini, garlic and mint sauce in large serving bowl.
5. Toss hot pasta with sauce. Taste, and adjust seasonings if necessary. Stir in pine nuts and remaining mint leaves, and serve.
- Calories: 409
- Carbohydrate Content: 46 g
- Cholesterol Content: 20 mg
- Fat Content: 18 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 427 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g