- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed 3 times in cold water, and drained well
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 large red onion, finely diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 Tbs. Champagne vinegar or rice vinegar
- 3 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/4 tsp. cumin seed, toasted and ground
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup diced jicama (2 oz.)
- 21/2 Tbs. fresh lime juice, plus more to taste
- 11/2 tsp. lime zest
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
1. Bring 1 cup water to a boil in small pot; add quinoa and salt. Cover pan, reduce heat, and simmer over low heat 15 minutes, or until tender.
2. Fill separate saucepan with water, bring to a boil, and drop in diced onion for 30 seconds. Drain onion, then toss with vinegar in small bowl.
3. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large skillet over medium heat; add corn, cumin, and cayenne; sauté 3 minutes.
4. Transfer corn to large bowl, and add quinoa, remaining 2 Tbs. oil, onion, jicama, lime juice, and zest. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Just before serving, add pumpkin seeds, parsley, and an extra drizzle of lime juice, if desired.
- Calories: 339
- Carbohydrate Content: 40 g
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 304 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g